Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Two. Breakfast, and lunch preparations.

We started off this morning a little more slowly than normal. Brian had a meeting in San Antonio, which is about an hour's drive, and I had to jump out of bed to iron his shirt. After he was out the door, I got Liam dressed, and we had a little bit of playtime before breakfast.

Look at how innocent he can appear.
I left him to his own devices, and hopped into the kitchen to chop some veggies for the turkey patties I wanted us to have for lunch. I chose bell pepper, onion, some parsley, and celery. Normally, I just throw in some celery for added crunch, and I keep these relatively simple.

Before the transformation. 
They're like butterflies.
I stopped chopping my veggies to add some coconut oil to my frying pan. I actually really love coconut oil. It heats well, it doesn't have any flavor that I can distinguish, and it's so good for you! I got so distracted, and excited chopping up my veggies, and preparing the pan, that I forgot to season the turkey meat. Whoops.

So pretty, and so tasteless. Wait.
No worries. I hastily added just a dash of salt to their tops after I popped them onto the frying pan.

Before salt.
Of course, Liam came running into the kitchen when he started to smell the food, so I had to multi-task, and whip up some eggs for the little bird.

The bird reference feels like awkward cannibalism now.
After he finished his eggs, I popped back over to the stove to finish up the patties. They looked and smelled delicious, and I can't wait to eat some for lunch.
Can it be lunch now?
We had a little bit more playtime before I started on my last project for the morning. My bestie, who is one day ahead of me on the program, called it a "slimming water concoction". That is a satisfying name, so that's what I'll go by. Brian isn't like me, in that I can just drink water all day, and be fine. I don't need any flavoring in my drinks, I'm not a big fan of soda. Brian is the opposite, so I decided to make this for him to see if he'd like it. I followed the recipe my bff provided here

I love those colors together.
Except that I didn't peel my cucumbers. Ooops, but what can I say? I'm lazy. Or I forgot... I'm doing a lot of forgetting today. They were already in the container before I realized...

Basically a lost cause at this point. ;)
Still looks like hers, except, you know, my cucumbers still possess their skins. I like to think that I'm just a generous veggie drowner. You may be sacrificed to the water gods, but at least you still get to wear your clothes. Or something. 
Basically it might suck to be a cucumber in my house.
Well, that's it for now! Until dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment